One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
I want to study abroad but I am not having strong background ?
Pramod Pawar profile image Pramod Pawar Member Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 1 Points: 0
Hi, I want to complete my diploma from abroad like Newzeland, but how should I do and my parent just earn 7000/month by doing job on shop in Pune So please give me some ideas how can I do education from abroad and we don't have anything to keep mortgage but we can invest 1-2lkhs
  • March 22, 2012
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: New Zealand

Replies (1)

Gigeo Sakkaryas Gigeo Sakkaryas Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 685 Points: 9932 Trusted Advisor

Dear Pramod, Studying abroad is expensive. If you can invest only about 2 lakhs, you cannot think of countries like NZ which requires a minimum of about 7 to 8 lakhs to get the visa to study in NZ. A good bank loan would have been ideal for a student like you. But since you have indicated that you have no collateral security to offer as guarantee to a bank, you can seek loans from most nationalised bank for up to 4 lakhs. 

With 4 lakhs,  you can seek to do Diploma courses in countries like Singapore. Else the other alternative is to stay in India, do a course, seek employment, work for a few years and seek to do your Masters abroad. 

There are cases of students getting 80 to 100% scholarships but requires the student to have exceptionally high academic marks in standard 12th. Seek the advice of a Education Consultant near your town. 

Gigeo Sakkaryas | IMTP Consultants

Add a quick reply to 'I want to study abroad but I am not having strong background ?'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.