One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
Iam a Btech Biotech student
Manisha Kohli profile image Manisha Kohli Member Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 2 Points: 0
Reply given to my question " Iam a Btech Biotech student can I pursue masters in computer science", was.-Students from Btech in Biotechnology can switch to Masters in Computer Science, but l have to complete quite a few pre-requisite courses, before actually landing in the Masters program. Can you please elaborate a bit on the pre requisite courses.
  • April 01, 2012
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: United Kingdom

Replies (1)

Ramesh Rangachari Ramesh Rangachari Contributor Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 30 Points: 445 Trusted Advisor

Since you do not have a computer science background, you need to take the basic courses related to Data Structures, Software Engineering, Theory of computation, etc.  This will increase the cost of education.  Instead, you can work for an IT company for 1 - 2 years and get in to Master of Information Systems program, which would be much better.

Ramesh Rangachari | Education Overseas Academy

Add a quick reply to 'Iam a Btech Biotech student '

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.