One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
Information on studying abroad
Ayan Majumdar profile image Ayan Majumdar Member Join date: Sep, 2012 Posts: 1 Points: 0
Hello I am currently studying BTech ECE 2nd year in Heritage Institute of Technology,Kolkata. I plan to do my MS abroad. Please tell me what sort of preparations need to be done from now on to fulfill my dream. Other than GRE,TOEFL what else is important like projects,etc ? I plan to go to US/Germany as they r the best in Electronics.
  • September 26, 2012
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate

Replies (1)

Gigeo Sakkaryas Gigeo Sakkaryas Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 685 Points: 9932 Trusted Advisor

Hi Apart from preparing for GRE and TOEFL, having a good Academic background is very important. A score of 80% or 8.0 CGPA will help you get in to the best possible Universities and possiblities of Scholarships as well. 

Universities are looking for versatile students and so would suggest you to do internships during semester holidays, present paper presentations, do a project which has a Practical application, keep yourself abrest of the New technologies, read lots of International Journals and if possible untertake a Foreign tour of some of the Universities to understand the conditions there. 

Gigeo Sakkaryas | IMTP Consultants

Add a quick reply to 'Information on studying abroad'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.