One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 2 posts
Insuance courses in US and details.
Rajesh Uddem profile image Rajesh Uddem Member Join date: May, 2012 Posts: 1 Points: 0
Hi, Iam workin in IT industry and would like to pusue insurance degree. Could please let me know the couse details in US and India and its fee structure and more info..Thanks.
  • May 18, 2012
  • Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (2)

Richard Lasrado Richard Lasrado Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 344 Points: 5001 Trusted Advisor

Each USA University is independent and have right to decide their own course curriculum based on industry demand and academic needs. Hence the course curriculum of each university needs to be looked before applying to them. Similarly tuition fees of USA Universities vary from INR 8 lacs per year to INR 22 lacs per year. Admission requirements also change based on university to university. Hence generalization as such is difficult.

I have provided below sample course curriculum for your reference.

Principles of Risk Management and Insurance

Fundamentals of Life and Health Insurance

Fundamentals of Property and Liability Insurance

Employee Benefit Planning

Business Risk Management

Introduction to Personal Financial Planning

Investment Analysis

Personal and Business Tax Planning

Personal Financial Counseling

Corporate Finance-Planning

Financial Control

Financial Decision Making

Managing for Value Creation

Investment Management 

I hope the information helps you in making right career choice.

Richard Lasrado

Richard Lasrado | Education Abroad Counselling Centre
Gigeo Sakkaryas Gigeo Sakkaryas Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 685 Points: 9937 Trusted Advisor

Hi, If you are looking for Insurance industry search for MS Programs in Actuarial Sciences. The website gives you schools which specilise in Actuarial Sciences

Actuaries use quantitative skills to analyze data from the past and present, in order to predict the future and help others make prudent and intelligent financial decisions. Using mathematics, statistics, and financial theory, actuaries define the financial impact of uncertain events—from catastrophes to rates of mortality, disability, and fertility—allowing businesses to adjust their long-term management strategies accordingly. Actuaries work for life, health, and property/casualty insurance companies, as well as for consulting firms, government agencies, accounting firms, industrial corporations, banks, and financial services companies.

Mathematics and Statistics are the important subjects areas in Insurance studies. 

Gigeo Sakkaryas | IMTP Consultants

Add a quick reply to 'Insuance courses in US and details.'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.