One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
Is 16 years of education required to study in US?
Deepthi Priya Deepthi Priya Member Join date: Feb, 2014 Posts: 7 Points: 11

Hi i have completed my graduation in 2012 and working in MNC since 1.5 years. I have completed my PG Diploma in Business management in 2013 through distance so my doubt is will this be valuable. Please can you all tell my GPA -- SSC-76%, Inter- 85%, Degree-72%. And what is the good score in TOEFL and GMAT. Also i want to know how many years of work experience do we need to pursue MBA in US. 

• February 06, 2014
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (1)

Priya G Priya G Expert Join date: Feb, 2014 Posts: 64 Points: 880

Hi Deepthi Priya !!

Predominantly US Ranked B Schools look for 3+ years of Work experience for MBA Programs, however this may vary from one University requirement to other. There are many Universities in US accepts 15 year education for MBA program. In general, To complete 16 years of Education  Part-time or Distance Education programs may not be considered on par with Regular / Full-time / Mainstream degrees.
Some of the Ranked B Schools accepts 15 years of Education:
Dartmouth University, Tuck School of Business
Northwestern University, Kellogg School of Management
Duke University, Fuqua School of Business
University of Chicago, Booth School of Business
UPenn, Wharton School of Business
NYU Stern School of Business
University of Virginia: Darden School of Business

During the evaluation process, Admission committee would look into your entire profile rather on single aspect, so if the rest of your application is strong, like good GMAT/TOEFL score , Impressive Essays & LORS, you still can get into Top Universities.
Aim for 700+ score in GMAT and 95+ in TOEFL.
For more info write to enquiries@hotcourses.co.in
Good Luck !!

Add a quick reply to 'Is 16 years of education required to study in US?'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.