One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 2 posts
Is Industrial & Production Engineering which is also known as Industrial & Management Engineering subject available in any university of Australia? I
Shakil Ahmed Shakil Ahmed Member Join date: Feb, 2012 Posts: 1 Points: 0
This is a subject that I am studying. I have completed 40 credit from a well known university of Bangladesh on this subject. So now can I do credit transfer in Australia on this subject if it is available?
  • March 13, 2012
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: Australia

Replies (2)

Richard Lasrado Richard Lasrado Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 344 Points: 5001 Trusted Advisor

One request to all question asking candidates/students that they need to provide as much detail (qualification completed or pursuing, grades in their last degree exams, etc.) for us to get clear picture about your profile. Further, you need to be clear on what is your intention (Scholarship / Credit waiver / University choice / Country choice, etc) behind asking the question to us. This will help us to answer your question better.

I assume here that you are pursuing your BS in Industrial & Management Engineering and you wish to take transfer in Australian universities for the same degree. You could check Monash University, Australia as I believe they offer the program that you desire. There may be few other Australian universities that offer the program of your choice. Regarding credits waiver/transfer, you need to apply to individual Australian university and provide them course syllabus and transcripts besides other application related documents required for admission purpose. Each university have their own procedure some may suggest you to get your course evaluation done from autonomous agency like WES while some other Australian university may do internal course evaluation for credit transfer. There is also possibility that they may not offer you any credits and we will only know after doing reasearch with particular university of your choice. Hence, you will know about your exact credits waiver only after your application or research with particular university of your choice. Thanks!

Richard Lasrado | Education Abroad Counselling Centre
Ajay Sathyan Sathyan profile image Ajay Sathyan Sathyan Expert Join date: Feb, 2012 Posts: 414 Points: 6045 Trusted Advisor

Hi Shakil,

The Australian Government recognizes Indian Universities. So, credit transfers are possible. The students have to submit their course syllabus to the University to be applicable for credit transfer. A minimum of six months is required for credits to be granted. And it depends upon the university  requirements  alloted for  the international students.There are various programs being offered on Masters of Engineering in the Australia.

Ajay Sathyan Sathyan | Uniguru

Add a quick reply to 'Is Industrial & Production Engineering which is also known as Industrial & Management Engineering subject available in any university of Australia? I'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.