One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
Is it possible to do a masters in Education with a different Bachelors Degree
Sara Yati profile image Sara Yati Member Join date: Mar, 2016 Posts: 1 Points: 0

I have a bachellors degree in I.T. (BCS UK) and at the moment I'm emploeed in the banking sector. I'm thinking about a possible career shift in USA into education sector. My questions is given my background what it the easiest option I can pursue? Is it possible to do a masters in education with my primary qualification? Or am I required to do another undergraduate degree in Education?

Thank in advance.

• March 09, 2016
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (1)

Indrani Sengupta profile image Indrani Sengupta Contributor Join date: Feb, 2016 Posts: 14 Points: 210

Dear Sara

Thank you for your query .

As per the universities admission requirement the masters in education is a program for liberal arts students . In addition to this to become a teacher in USA you also have to clear the licensure examination  . In your case I would request you to share your profile with few universities to have more clarity .

For further assistance please feel free to contact me at /011-49196908.

Thanks and Regards

Indrani Sengupta

Add a quick reply to 'Is it possible to do a masters in Education with a different Bachelors Degree'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.