One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 2 posts
Is it possible to get scholarship before enrolling in any university?
Arafath Hossain profile image Arafath Hossain Member Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 1 Points: 0
I always see universities offer scholarship for their students but it's expensive to get admitted into those universities. so I'm interested to know if there is any way that i can get a good amount of scholarship before getting admitted. i would also like to know the criteria usually preferred by the universities in granting this scholarships...And for business student is it possible to get more than 80% scholarship by only giving GMAT?
  • March 14, 2012
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (2)

Gigeo Sakkaryas Gigeo Sakkaryas Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 685 Points: 9937 Trusted Advisor

Dear Arafath, 

Scholarships are offerred to students who have varied skill sets combined with good Academic background. Every University sets it own yardsticks and they vary every year. Just a good GMAT alone is not sufficient. A good GMAT score, coupled with good Academics, plus showcase your other abilities like paper presentations, research skills, leaderships abilities, etc will determine the scholarships.

Many Universities in UK offer a basic 10 to 20% scholarships are open for students with 70 % percentages in their UG degree. But Universities like NUS and NTU in Singapore offer up to 80% scholarships for exceptional students and needs atleast 80% marks in their UG to apply for scholarships.  

Those who cannot afford to spend big money on Masters can think of applying for P.G. Diploma or Diploma course in countries like New Zealand, Canada or Singapore and can seek jobs and P.R ( Permanent Residency) in those countries over a period of time. 

Gigeo Sakkaryas | IMTP Consultants
Richard Lasrado Richard Lasrado Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 344 Points: 5001 Trusted Advisor

The question that you have asked is "Is it possible to get scholarship before enrolling in any university" and the answer to it is YES. You need to apply with your documents for admission and you will receive offer letter which will specify the scholarship offered. Further, on receiving offer letter there is possibility for you to negotiate for scholarship with university official provided you have good academic profile and few years of good work experience. After you are happy with the scholarship offered by foreign university you can than pay the tuition deposit (if required) to confirm or enroll yourself in the MBA program.

Yes, you can get 80% of the scholarship or full scholarship based on your academic records, GMAT score and past work experience. However scholarship is only limited on tuition fee of the university and not on accommodation and living expenses. 

USA University further offers graduate assistantship and/or teaching assistantship to good profile students to attract them to join their university for MBA program.

Scholarship is further based on funding available with the Management department and the funding availability with particular foreign university of your choice is not constant every year. Hence, past scholarship records may not be a good indicator to know your scholarship chances thou it may help you to find foreign universities that offer scholarship to international students for MBA program for you to apply.

Richard Lasrado | Education Abroad Counselling Centre

Add a quick reply to 'Is it possible to get scholarship before enrolling in any university?'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.