One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 2 posts
Is It worth doing MS computer sc in US if i have no interest in coding?
Ishita Das Ishita Das Member Join date: Feb, 2014 Posts: 1 Points: 1

I have 67% in btech Computer sc(2013) but hate coding.In my class 12 CBSE i scored 66% and class 10 77%.Is it ok to do MS in Computer sc and hope to land a job? I am yet to appear for gre and ielts.But hoping to get good marks.My main concern is because i hate coding should i go for MS computer Science or MS in MIS?

• May 02, 2014
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (2)

Dr. Shakil Khan Dr. Shakil Khan Expert Join date: Feb, 2014 Posts: 64 Points: 1135 Trusted Advisor

Your scores are rather low to get into an MS program but it may be worth trying. There is a huge variation in admission criteria at universities and right now with local enrolments being very low, foreign students are very much in demand - especially at smaller universities.

The fundamental requirement however remains the GRE and IELTS and a lot will depend upon your achievements in these two exams.

The coding question is something that no one, other than the Graduate Admission people, will be ble to discuss. If it is disturbing you, the best thing is to go into the website of each school you are interested in applying to, and discuss it with them. You might get away with it.

Dr. Shakil Khan | Dominican International Institute
Vishnu Divakar profile image Vishnu Divakar Member Join date: Jan, 2016 Posts: 1 Points: 10

Don't do it.Ms computer science will obviously  have you plunge deep into computer hardware and programming.maybe every now and den you might be asked to submit assignments with lot of coding involved. Either to develop an interest in coding or else try for some other course.

If you take up the course .2 possible outcomes can be there

1after a while programming will eventually  grow on you and you will enjoy the whole experience

2) You will be bored and tired with the course and u may or may not get through.even if you get through you will in a pitiable state.

Add a quick reply to 'Is It worth doing MS computer sc in US if i have no interest in coding?'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.