One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
Is there any course which offers 1yr degree certificate?
Sapna P profile image Sapna P Member Join date: Aug, 2012 Posts: 1 Points: 0
I have done Diploma in Engineering (Information Science and Technology), I heard there is a university in Malaysia which offers Engineering degree in One year? Is that True? If so please give me more details about it. Or suggest me a good course.
  • August 29, 2012
  • Preferred study destination: Malaysia

Replies (1)

Gigeo Sakkaryas Gigeo Sakkaryas Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 685 Points: 9932 Trusted Advisor

Hi, It is highly unlikely that any University gives you a degree in one year after a 3 year Diploma in Engineering. Normally, Universities will allow you to get in to the 2nd  year of Engineering and so you can complete a UK Degree in Malaysia in 2 years time. Some programs might be 4 year degrees and so it will take another 3 years to complete. 

The process is called Credit Transfer, your Diploma marks gets you exemption to get you one year Exemption and you can finish the Bachelors in 2 years time. You can try Segi University College or Legenda University College or Taylors University for your Bachelors degree. You can seek to do a Bachelors in IT with specilisations in Networking or Business Informatics or E-Commerce. 

Do write back to us if you need any more clarifications. 

Gigeo Sakkaryas | IMTP Consultants

Add a quick reply to 'Is there any course which offers 1yr degree certificate? '

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.