One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 5 of 9 posts
Job opportunities of Civil Engineering in USA.
Sriharikarthik Ks profile image Sriharikarthik Ks Member Join date: Sep, 2012 Posts: 1 Points: 0
I'm a student doing 3rd year in B.Tech Civil Engineering in India. I am interested in doing MS Structural Engineering in US. I want to know the job opportunities in USA and also the opportunities in India after I finish Ms in Structural Engineering.
  • September 16, 2012
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (9)

Gigeo Sakkaryas Gigeo Sakkaryas Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 685 Points: 9937 Trusted Advisor

Hi, Civil Engineering is booming around the world and US leads the way. Indian construction industry has seen one of its largest growth rates in the recent years and not expected to slow down in the next 10 years with many massive Infrastructure projects in the anvil and several massive Investments in Real Estate. 

Job opportunities in US is pretty good and I am sure you will find takers when you return to India after a few years. 

Gigeo Sakkaryas | IMTP Consultants
Sudhan Subramaniean Sudhan Subramaniean Member Join date: Jul, 2014 Posts: 1 Points: 10

I'm Sudhan Narayana Subramaniean. Am working as junior Engineer- Structural Draftsman (in RCC Detailing and Structural Analysis & Design), METEC Designs & Construction Engineers, Chennai, Tamilnadu, India. I have 5 years experience in this field. Last year i have complete my Graduate in Anna University, chennai. My ambition is to be studied MS Structural Engineering.  i'm interest to work in USA. 

I wanna know job oppoutunities in USA

Thanks & Regards

Sudhan Narayana Subramaniean

mobile: +91- 95970 10391.

Mahadev Kapale profile image Mahadev Kapale Member Join date: Oct, 2014 Posts: 1 Points: 10

hi i am student doing 3rd year civil engg i want to do ms in u s a in structural design i wanna know opportunities in usa & india

Priya G Priya G Expert Join date: Feb, 2014 Posts: 64 Points: 880

Hi Mahadev

You need to have very strong academic background along with good GRE and TOEFL scores.  University will look into your credentials such as GPA, Extra/ Co curricular, inspiring SOP/LOR docs. You may need to apply to the Universities in Round 1 deadline to be eligible for Scholarships. Universities like IOWA State University, University of California Irvine and University of Colorado Boulder are some of the universities in USA offering structural engineering courses.

Please share your detailed profile to to guide you better.

Bhaskar Donadula profile image Bhaskar Donadula Member Join date: Aug, 2014 Posts: 1 Points: 10

Hi this is  bhaskar..i did civil engineering and io have 3 years expeience in i want to do m.s in usa..pls provide information about civil engineers  job oppurtunities in usa after m.s and tell me which specialization have more scope ?

Thanks n regards 

Add a quick reply to 'Job opportunities of Civil Engineering in USA.'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.