One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
Kindly review my profile for MS in the United States and let me know what courses and unis I can apply to. Thanks!
 profile image Member Join date: Sep, 2014 Posts: 1 Points: 0

HI, AM UTKARSH

GRE 320( 152V+168Q)

TOEFL(102)

CGPA 7.7/10

10TH 86%, 12TH 87%

B.TECH CHEMICAL ENG FROM BITS PILANI

WORK EXPERIENCE: 2.5 YEARS IN REFINING IN RELIANCE INDUSTRIES LIMITED

2 MONTHS INTERNSHIP IN ONGC HAZIRA 

1 NATIONAL LEVEL CONFERENCE PUBLICATION 

I WANT TO PURSUE MY MS IN PETROLEUM ENGINEERING FROM ONE OF THE FOLLOWING UNIVERSITIES:

--UTAUSTIN

--TAMU

--USC

--PENN STATE

-UNIV OF ALBERTA

--UNIV OF CALGARY

--COLORADO SCHOOL OF MINES

-- TEXAS STATE

PLEASE HELP REGARDING MY CHANCES FOR THE ABOVE UNIVERSITIES.

• September 12, 2014
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (1)

Navdeep Kaur Navdeep Kaur Expert Join date: Aug, 2014 Posts: 54 Points: 785

Hi Utkarsh,

Greetings from Hotcourses!

Certainly you have an excellent profile. Yes, you meet the admission criteria in the above mentioned Universities but there are many more Universities matching your profile which are Top as well as comes under IVY league.

As your CGPA 7.7 which is approx. 3.7 out of 4 which is a very good GPA Score, many Universities like PennState, Princeton University are asking for min.3 out of 4. Other than this you have a score of 320/340 in GRE which is again a very good score and it will become very easy for you to get an admission on your academic basis, but USA is such a country where Universities give you admission on a holistic approach they overall check your profile academically as well as how you are as a person which includes extracurricular activities and any kind of participations or projects you have taken/participated in.

Where I see you already have participated in a National Level Publication, plus you also have a practical work experiences which adds up to your profile.

These Universities accept application for Fall intake only, you may apply for the same!

You will also require three (3) LOR's (Letter of Recommendation) one from the HOD and one from your assist. Professor and one from your Employer. We will surely assist you for the same. Along with the Following tests and LOR's you will be required to write a SOP ( Statement of Purporse) and then you can start up with the process!

To get more list of universities with their requirements please get yourself registered on our website www.hotcoursesabroad/india/ OR you can also contact us directly at phone at 011-49196912.

For any other query please don't hesitate to ask.

Kind Regards,

Navdeep Kaur

Team Hotcourses!

Add a quick reply to 'Kindly review my profile for MS in the United States and let me know what courses and unis I can apply to. Thanks!'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.