One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
latest Visa restrictions in UK after PhD
Rd B Rd B Member Join date: Nov, 2012 Posts: 1 Points: 0
Hi..I am an international student from India ,I completed my masters in uk 2012. I tried to many jobs but all are rejected saying you don't have enough visa to work.i am on study visa and it expires in jan2013. Now I got phd offer ,but I don't know whether to take up.i want to work here but even if I study phd if they don't give visa after completion of study,again I should have the same situation as I am in now.. Kindly advice me please..are the visa rules different for those who did phd?
  • November 02, 2012
  • Preferred study destination: United Kingdom

Replies (1)

Kanimozhi K.L Kanimozhi K.L Expert Join date: Sep, 2012 Posts: 688 Points: 10670 Trusted Advisor

To work in the UK an employer has to sponsor your Visa. As a student under the Immigration Rules that were in place before 31st March 2009. You will retain the terms and conditions of your stay in the UK associated with the old rules, until your current permission to stay expires. But if you want to extend your stay in the UK as a student, you will need to apply under Tier 4 of the points-based system.

As a Tier 4 student, you must posses 40 points. 30 points for having a valid confirmation of acceptance for studies, which you get for studying a course at an acceptable level with an approved education provider and for having acceptable English language skills; and 10 points for having enough money to cover your course fees and living costs.For more information visit the UK Border Agency website.
Kanimozhi K.L | Uniguru Expert

Add a quick reply to 'latest Visa restrictions in UK after PhD '

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.