One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 5 of 17 posts
Can I study Indian law in UK?
Gitika Babbar Gitika Babbar Member Join date: Apr, 2014 Posts: 3 Points: 32

HELLO !! I am an eleventh class student and I really wanted to study abroad. I live in India so I wish to practice law and become a Judge of High Court of Delhi and work for my country. So, I want to know if I can study Indian Law (LLB, LLM) in UK?? What can I do for clearing the entrance exam of the Law colleges in UK ? How can I get maximum scholarships for the same? And I wanted to know the best colleges of Law in UK having all the facilities like the hostel, management or other facilities like sports and games , education system etc.. I also wanted to know if I also have to do some kind of job there for earning a living? 

Thanks

• April 02, 2014
  • Preferred qualification: Undergraduate | Preferred study destination: United Kingdom

Replies (17)

Ruth Lauener profile image Ruth Lauener Contributor Join date: Feb, 2014 Posts: 13 Points: 190 Trusted Advisor

Hi there Gitika,

I work at the University of Sheffield in the UK.  It's always worth checking if the LLB at the University you are interested in is recognised by the Bar Council of India as this will obviously be very important to you.  It's also worth noting that LLB degrees will be 3 years in length in the UK so you will need to do the 2 year Legal Practice Course which any law student studying in the UK would need to qualify.  At Sheffield, for example, our LLB is recognised by the Bar Council of India but some aren't so it's always worth making sure!

Most courses will simply ask for good XII grades.  Some will ask for an LNAT score but not all (we don't).  You should also check with indivudual universities about their scholarship provision as many will offer some great scholarships (including us!).

With regards to working whilst you study, the current visa regs allow you to work 20 hours a week during term time to earn some extra money.

I hope this helps.

Ruth

Ruth Lauener | The University Of Sheffield

Okay thanks for your advice I am really oblige to you Thank you once again .

But I request you further that if it is possible for you to make me informed about all the forms of 

your college/university or any other university in UK , then please let me informed about that also.

However from my side I am also searching for the same in nearby places according to me.

Thanks & Regards. 

Ruth Lauener profile image Ruth Lauener Contributor Join date: Feb, 2014 Posts: 13 Points: 190 Trusted Advisor

Hi Gitika,

Unfortunately we aren't able to give information about specific universities on this forum - only general advice.  But you can do a course search on something like the UCAS website where you will find all universities offering law!

Good luck.

Ruth

Okay thank you mam for your kindness.Its really appreciable that you not only fulfill what I want to know but also helped me out so that I can become successful in my life. But as you are saying that you can give a general advice so I want to know that How will the exams like TOEFL, SAT-I, SAT-II & even AP can help me in my future ? 

Thanks and Regards

Hi Gitika,

Exams like those that you have mentioned will generally be entry exams to get you onto a degree course.  So you need to ensure that you get the best marks that you can to allow you to choose the best University that you can.  The better marks you get - the better a University you can choose!

Thanks,

Ruth

Add a quick reply to 'Can I study Indian law in UK?'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.