One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 2 posts
looking for a post graduate course in Astrophysics in USA.
Mriganka Bujar Baruah profile image Mriganka Bujar Baruah Member Join date: Apr, 2012 Posts: 1 Points: 0
I am a final year student pursuing B.Tech in Mechanical. I would like to know about colleges offering a P.G. course in Astrophysics, their eligibility criteria and finances in USA.
  • April 06, 2012
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (2)

Ramesh Rangachari Ramesh Rangachari Contributor Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 30 Points: 445 Trusted Advisor

If you are looking at funding, Phd would be a better option in USA provided you wish to take Subject GRE ( Physics - GRE) and also backed by good research projects at UG Level.  If you do not wish to take Subject GRE, which is generally tough, then you can opt for MS in Astrophyisics.  To have a brief idea, you can look at University of Georgia website where they do have good funding options.

Ramesh Rangachari | Education Overseas Academy
Gigeo Sakkaryas Gigeo Sakkaryas Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 685 Points: 9937 Trusted Advisor

Hi, Look at Embry Riddle Aeronautical University in Florida,  Master of Science in Engineering Physics (Space Science) which might suit your interest.   

Also look at Syracuse University which offers some really good programs and offers lots of scholarships. 

In general, you need a good Bach of Engg with atleast 60% and above and a GRE of atleast 300 to apply to some of the good Universities in USA. In general, it could cost about 20,000 to 30,000$ per year ( 10 to 15 lakhs)  to study in USA. Students with 80% marks and good GRE scores can expect scholarships. But admissions for this year 2012 are closed for most Universities and you can seek admissions for Fall 2013. 

Gigeo Sakkaryas | IMTP Consultants

Add a quick reply to 'looking for a post graduate course in Astrophysics in USA.'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.