One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 2 posts
M.Tech. or PhD. in Petroleum
Lajo Chaurasia profile image Lajo Chaurasia Member Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 1 Points: 0
Hello Sir, I had done M.Sc. in petrochemical. I would like to pursue PhD or M Tech from Australia. Please guide me how can I take admission in Australia and give me details of procedure of admission.
  • March 26, 2012
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: Australia

Replies (2)

Gigeo Sakkaryas Gigeo Sakkaryas Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 685 Points: 9932 Trusted Advisor

Hi Masters in Petroleum or Oil & Gas Engineering has excellent scope in Australia. My preference in Australia will be to look at Western Australia where there are a couple of good Universities. Take a look at University of Western Australia which offers a Course named Master of Gas and Oil engineering and Check the University of Curtin which offers Master of Engineering Science ( Petroleum). 

Western Australia has immense scope for Mining and Petroleum Engineering and so will be a good place to seek employment. 

In Adelaide, Australian School of Petroleum, Adelaide University also offers an excellent Masters. 

The General requirement is a Relevant Engineering like Petrochemical, Mechanical, Chemical Engineering can apply. In general most Universities seek a first class graduate and would need you to have an IELTS of 6.5 and above. The general intakes are in July and Feb of every year. The process of visa is quite large and seek advice from an Education Consultant. Apply for these courses well in advance ( atleast 6 months to a year)  as these courses are very popular and in general gets filled up fast. I would advice you to apply for a Masters rather than a PhD. 

Gigeo Sakkaryas | IMTP Consultants
Rahul Kumar Rahul Kumar Member Join date: Feb, 2014 Posts: 1 Points: 10

you should go for m.tech from IITs/NITS throw GATE.

Add a quick reply to 'M.Tech. or PhD. in Petroleum '

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.