One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
Master in computer science - WHat are my chances of getiing a visa?
Bharath Gade profile image Bharath Gade Member Join date: Oct, 2013 Posts: 1 Points: 0
Hello every one I want to do my Master in computer science and I have written my GRE and IELTS exams my GRE score 273 and IELTS 5.5 can I apply now what are my chances of getting visa
  • October 11, 2013
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (1)

Richard Lasrado Richard Lasrado Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 344 Points: 5001 Trusted Advisor

Hello Bharath,

You have not secured your admission but you are worried about your visa. I am sure you understand your constrains.

Your IELTS score is 5.5 bands for a Postgraduate course which reflects that you have low English proficiency. The primary risk you will have at the visa is that you will not be able to express yourself (because of low English proficiency) at the visa interview and the visa officer will reject you. There are other secondary risk like choice of university, low GRE and low IELTS score, your academics, your funds, your sponsor, etc.

Best regards,

Richard Lasrado, Education Abroad Counselling Centre, Mumbai, India

Richard Lasrado | Education Abroad Counselling Centre

Add a quick reply to 'Master in computer science - WHat are my chances of getiing a visa?'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.