One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 3 posts
Master of Management or International Business in Australia
Kiran M R Kiran M R Member Join date: Apr, 2014 Posts: 1 Points: 0

Hello, I am from India with a Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics&Communication.

Profile : CGPA - 9.46/10

GRE : 319/340

TOEFL : 119/120

Work Experience : 1 year ( Software developer )

I've been granted an admit to the following: ( Both are 2 year courses )

1) Master of Management at University of Melbourne

2) Master of International Business at University of Queensland.

I have following queries. Plz provide your valuable inputs/suggestions/advice : Basically, the gist of what I want to know is if the degree is really worth the money and time spent.

1) What job opportunities are available in Australia to international students pursuing this course?

2) How easy or difficult is it to find a job after completion of this course in Australia/Globally?

3) And how would you rate this course when compared to Masters in Intl Management(MIM) of Europe or Master of Engg Management( MEM) in US/Canada? Thanks in advance!

• April 19, 2014
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: Australia

Replies (3)

Kanimozhi K.L Kanimozhi K.L Expert Join date: Sep, 2012 Posts: 688 Points: 10660 Trusted Advisor

Hi Kiran,

Congratulations!! Both are fantastic and top ranked Universities you have offers from.

Responses to your queries as below:

1) You will get a 2 year PSWV after completion of your program to look for a job. For a idea of jobs available you can check

2) Continuing in your same line of Engineering or a related field would make more sense and better your job prospects.

3) As I stated above both the programs offered to you are good programs in their own right. MEM programs are popular in Australia and would be your best fit. MEM programs can also be combined as Dual programs as well.

Do get in touch with us so that we can suggested you further options. You can write to

Kanimozhi K.L | Uniguru Expert
Swapnil Simon Swapnil Simon Member Join date: Aug, 2014 Posts: 1 Points: 10

Hello ,myself swapnil simon, i am from india, i have done mining engineering .my profile are as follows:

5 year dual degree in mining engineering ( &

Indian school of mines,dhanbad

i want to switch from this field.i have an admit from

Master of management(business)-15 months - university of auckland

Master of management -18 months - melbourne business school,university of melbourne.

please tell me about the job opportunities after this course .whether these degrees are really worthy of paying hefty fees(around 35 lakh atleast) as i have very little work ex and that too in different field.

which country will be better  among new zealand and australia in terms of job opportunities both part time during studies as well as full time employment after graduation . Any other useful suggestions if want to give will be appreciated.

Hemant Govekar profile image Hemant Govekar Member Join date: Nov, 2015 Posts: 1 Points: 10

I have completed engg with 3 yrs of exp in sales and operations. I have applied for Master in Business - International Business in UoW, UQ.

I recevied offer from Uow and assesment is on for UQ.

How is the curiculum or the study pattern in this course? Is there anything I should prepare before getting into actual course?

What are the prospects after completion of the course. What type of role i can expect in companies.

Add a quick reply to 'Master of Management or International Business in Australia'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.