One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
Masters by Research in Mechanical Engineering in Canada
John Snow profile image John Snow Member Join date: Sep, 2016 Posts: 1 Points: 0

I did my undergradute in Mechanical Engineering from the UK and now I want to pursue a postgraduate degree by research in Canada in Mechanical Engineering itself.

I have the following questions:

1. I wanted to know what the scope if like after a reseach degree in Canada, keeping in mind that I do not wish to pursue a PhD after.

2. Do companies in Canada prefer students with research (MSc) or professional (MEng) degrees?

3. I was looking at Universities such as Dalhousie and Ottawa as some professors have agreed to supervise my project there. I know these universities are not high in the ranking but would it matter later on, in terms of employment?

Thanks for your help! 

• September 16, 2016
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: Canada

Replies (1)

Nupur Verma Nupur Verma Expert Join date: Aug, 2014 Posts: 115 Points: 1720

Dear John,

Scope of research work is quite good in canada. even if you do not wnat to pursue Phd further.

But please note that entry for master by research is quite selctive in nature & most of the universities will ask for your thesis,

I hope this answeres your query.

Nupur Verma

Add a quick reply to 'Masters by Research in Mechanical Engineering in Canada'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.