One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
Masters in Public Health in USA compared to masters in Public Health in Europe.
Himi Mathur profile image Himi Mathur Member Join date: Sep, 2012 Posts: 1 Points: 0
Hi, I am in Dentist from India having no work experience in Public Health field .So I want to know I should apply to which of the above country. I want to know the comparison in terms of international reputation of the universities, employment ratios. (If I want to work in organizations like UN OR WHO), better course (more practical oriented), my chances of getting in (as I have no work experience in Public Health field)
  • September 15, 2012
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (1)

Ajay Sathyan Sathyan profile image Ajay Sathyan Sathyan Expert Join date: Feb, 2012 Posts: 414 Points: 6045 Trusted Advisor

Hi, Postgraduate Health Care Management, Health Studies courses in UK or MSc in Public Health is usually a one year full-time program. Taught modules typically account for two thirds of the MPH and a project one third. Students may be medical or non-medical graduates.

Postgraduate Health Care Management, Health Studies courses in USA  is offered for 2 years duration period of study. Degrees vary in their content, but most cover similar areas of public health.

WHO is the United Nations’ specialized agency for Health. It is an inter-governmental organization and works in collaboration with its member states usually through the Ministries of Health.

Many MPHs are able to find jobs with international or government agencies (e.g. CDC, NIH, state and local health departments, WHO, UN), nonprofit health and human service related organizations, hospitals, pharmaceutical companies, universities, large companies (especially with an occupational/environmental health degree), etc.

Ajay Sathyan Sathyan | Uniguru

Add a quick reply to 'Masters in Public Health in USA compared to masters in Public Health in Europe.'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.