One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
masters in structural engineering before applying for march first prof degree in architecture
Abhay Kadam profile image Abhay Kadam Member Join date: Jan, 2013 Posts: 1 Points: 0
resp sir,i will complete my civil engineering in 2013 ,and i m intrested in applying for masters in architecture 3 years course in usa,before applying i m thinking of pursuing masters in structural engineering ,will this increase my chances in getting in to top arch program ,i want to know will i have an edge over other students with this degree ,i know that portfolio is imp,but want to know will this create a diffrence??
  • January 01, 2013
  • Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (1)

Kanimozhi K.L Kanimozhi K.L Expert Join date: Sep, 2012 Posts: 688 Points: 10670 Trusted Advisor

Hello, I did go through the entry requirements in a few universities and your civil engineering degree is more than sufficient to gain acceptance into an Architectural Masters programme in the US. However there is a good chance that you might have to undergo a three month foundation programme before you commence your postgraduate degree. Nevertheless, you would need to first choose a University and view their entry requirements. A Simple search on the Uniguru website would give you a large list of US Universities that provide Architectural courses and their individual requirements. Hope this answers your question.

Kanimozhi K.L | Uniguru Expert

Add a quick reply to 'masters in structural engineering before applying for march first prof degree in architecture'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.