One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
I Masters in US better than that in Europe?
Surabhi Srinivasan Surabhi Srinivasan Member Join date: Jun, 2014 Posts: 2 Points: 0

hey people.. postin this seperately as i wana know a good answer to this query. which colleges are better for doing masters in biotechnology?universities in  usa or europe?

also my gpa is jus 6.3 and im currently in my fourth year of btech biotechnology. I have had an IAS fellowship where i did my two months internship in NCBS,Banglore. Extra currciulars are.. ive participated in dramatics, and did one poster presentation. and attended few conferences in IISc.

• June 24, 2014
  • Preferred qualification: Undergraduate | Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (1)

Dr. Shakil Khan Dr. Shakil Khan Expert Join date: Feb, 2014 Posts: 64 Points: 1135 Trusted Advisor

This is a very difficult question and indeed very subjective. Universities in Europe are very different than in the USA, where 'Research' is very important. That is the reason many foreign students prefer to study in USA - because it is much more research based and perhaps more 'creative'. I don't want to say that it is more difficult, because it is a personal opinion.

USA is also more expensive than Europe for tuition and cost of living. Canada, in my opinion, is more economical for tuition, housing and if you have long-term plans to stay in the country or eventually become an immigrant.

Canada is the only country right now which offers this facility.

Dr. Shakil Khan | Dominican International Institute

Add a quick reply to 'I Masters in US better than that in Europe?'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.