One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
masters program in Materials science/aerospace engineering at NUS/NTU
Pranav Tekade Pranav Tekade Member Join date: Nov, 2012 Posts: 1 Points: 0
I am a final year student of mechanical engineering at IIT(BHU), Varanasi. I am very keen on pursuing a career in research. I've secured 88% in 10th(CBSE) and 84% in 12th(CBSE), qualified IIT-JEE with a good rank, but on the downside, my CGPA is 6.6, thanks to the farcical method of evaluation at my department where even 7.0 is considered to be an achievement. I have a research project and 1 presentation at an international conference to my name. I have a handful of other achievements from my school life to back up my profile. My GRE score is 332 and I am expecting a below 200 AIR in GATE 2013(if it counts as a measure of technical aptitude).I'll be appearing for TOEFL shortly. I am considering masters program in Materials science/aerospace engineering at NUS/NTU, Singapore. Can you tell me what are my chances of qualifying with a scholarship?
  • November 30, 2012

Replies (1)

Gigeo Sakkaryas Gigeo Sakkaryas Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 685 Points: 9937 Trusted Advisor

Hi, Though you have a low CGPA, the fact that you are from IIT might help you case. Your GRE score of 332 is excellent and might definitely help your admissions. The scholarships chances are pretty good. But do not wait for your TOEFL scores to come through to put an application. 

The NUS and NTU online application are open and so put an application as soon as possible. 

All the best. 

Gigeo Sakkaryas | IMTP Consultants

Add a quick reply to 'masters program in Materials science/aerospace engineering at NUS/NTU'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.