One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
MBA course in biotechnology or bio medical administration with not much focus on finance, HR or marketing"
Rabia Inaas Rabia Inaas Member Join date: Aug, 2012 Posts: 1 Points: 0
In fact, through your site I have browsed several universities in UK and US which offer MBA in bio medical or biotechnology. I am actually looking for a course which emphasis on the core matters of biotechnology , which should include drug designing, drug development, their administration during R & D and like., On the contrary, all courses are teaching the traditional subjects of OB, Marketing, Accountancy with just 1 or 2 modules related to biotechnology as if to justify the course title.
  • December 13, 2012
  • Preferred study destination: United Kingdom

Replies (1)

Gigeo Sakkaryas Gigeo Sakkaryas Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 685 Points: 9937 Trusted Advisor

Hi, I am surprised that though you are technically inclined towards Biotechnology, you wanted to pursue a MBA. MBA courses typically are management driven and so you can only expect Business or Management courses like marketing, Behaviourial Sciencs, HR, Accounts, etc. 

I would recommend you to look at a MS in Biotechnology in good UK or Ireland Universities which offers scope for furthur education in PhD or help you become a researcher in a Drug Development firm or Pharma company in Europe. 

Wish you all the best. 

Gigeo Sakkaryas | IMTP Consultants

Add a quick reply to 'MBA course in biotechnology or bio medical administration with not much focus on finance'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.