One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
Will I have a better preference in MBA admission, if I complete Engineering Degree?
Junaid Gujjar profile image Junaid Gujjar Member Join date: Aug, 2012 Posts: 7 Points: 23
i've completed my electrical engineering degree and now i want to do mba does this gives any benefit or preference as i've completed a engineering degree........where cgpa comes minimum as compared to b.com or bba............i hope u understood what i really wanna ask.........................Ty
  • February 15, 2013
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: Australia

Replies (1)

Guhan S Guhan S Expert Join date: Feb, 2013 Posts: 41 Points: 630
Hi Junaid, An MBA will help you influence your previous education i.e. electrical engineering with the latest drift in industries and best practices. It will allow you to network, upgrade and brand yourself professionally and help you take in multiple roles like managing both administrative and technical aspects. Your engineering course will compliment your MBA and vice versa. But to take up an MBA abroad you have to score a 93 for the internet-based exam and 580 for the paper-based exam for TOEFL and 6.5 are required with a minimum score of 6.0 in each component of the academic IELTS. In regards to GRE/GPA you need to score 90% and above. With exceptional IELTS/TOEFL/GRE scores, your CGPA may be overlooked.

Add a quick reply to 'Will I have a better preference in MBA admission'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.