One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 3 posts
MBA ( IT ) Vs MBA (HR)
Ambareen Johar profile image Ambareen Johar Member Join date: Sep, 2012 Posts: 1 Points: 0
I have done Graduation with the stream of B.com and I completed Software diploma course and I worked as MIS Executive and now I am working as an Admin Executive. Now I want to do MBA ( IT ) But my friends suggested me that you should take admission in MBA ( HR ) Because you are an Admin Executive. I am Confused now so could you tell me that what is the best option for my good career? Please reply soon
  • September 12, 2012
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate

Replies (3)

Ajay Sathyan Sathyan Ajay Sathyan Sathyan Expert Join date: Feb, 2012 Posts: 414 Points: 6045 Trusted Advisor

Hi, both fields are good it depend on your interest where do you want to go in future. The background is also very important while choosing the field, if you are from IT field, and very much interested in your subject, then you should choose IT.

MBA in IT and Computer Science courses (MBA in IT) covers everything about the emerging IT trends. Elements of business administration within this program enable you to conceptualize and execute organizational planning in terms of IT infrastructure. This program provides detailed information about fundamentals of information technology.

MBA in Human Resources Management (MBA HR) you will be involved in all aspects of employee management. You will also be actively involved in corporate policies of the company. Due the modern concepts of management, it is essential for any company to look after the needs and demands of their employees. The HR department has now become a compulsory part of every organization.

So plan and select your MBA specialization accordingly.

Ajay Sathyan Sathyan | Uniguru
Rakesh Mehta Rakesh Mehta Contributor Join date: Aug, 2012 Posts: 15 Points: 160 Trusted Advisor

Hi, UCTI , Kaula Lumpur - Malayasia offers MBA(IT) from Straffordshire University.18 months course.One of highly reputed University.Free approx 35000 RM.It has very good campus and placement partners.

Rakesh Mehta | Careers N' Options
Gigeo Sakkaryas Gigeo Sakkaryas Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 685 Points: 9932 Trusted Advisor

Hi, In my opinion, MBA in IT is better than MBA ( HR) if you are looking at getting employment abroad. Most HR Executives employed in those countries are in general locals from that country and very rarely they consider employing foreigners. HR executives are expected to know about the specific countries rules and regulations, traditions, work culture, religion, food and other motivational factors. An International student rarely learns all the above in the 1 year or 2 year period he or she spends in that country. 

So my suggestion is to strongly look at IT than HR. If you plan to come to India, then IT or HR does not matter. 

All the best. 

Gigeo Sakkaryas | IMTP Consultants

Add a quick reply to 'MBA ( IT ) Vs MBA (HR)'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.