One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
MBBS in states
Subhashini Elango profile image Subhashini Elango Member Join date: May, 2012 Posts: 2 Points: 0
I am subhashini interested to study under graduation in medicine(MBBS) in states , could you give some details regarding admission
  • May 15, 2012
  • Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (1)

Richard Lasrado Richard Lasrado Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 344 Points: 5001 Trusted Advisor

Hello Subhashini,

For studying undergraduate Bachelors in Medicine in US Universities, you need to take SAT I and in few top USA University SAT II could be the requirement. Further you need to take TOEFL and apply for transcripts of 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th grade, three sets of recommendation letters from teachers, and financial documents are few standard requirements. You need to visit individual USA University to know specific admission requirements, if any. Further you need to apply one year before the intake for admission and scholarship chances. 

At undergraduate level, you have high chance of scholarships at UG level and hence you should apply early. Scholarship is more based on your SAT I score.

You have more chances of getting into USA at UG level for medicine as you apply directly on student visa (F1). In case you had completed your MBBS in India and applied for MS in Medicine in USA you would have to follow USMLE procedure and need to apply on visit visa to appear for USMLE test. USA visa denial is high on tourist visa than on student visa and hence the best option to study medicine in USA is at UG level. Studying medicine in USA is costly than in most other countries but you have good career prospects after education.

Here's wishing you all the best for your further study!

Regards,

Richard Lasrado

Richard Lasrado | Education Abroad Counselling Centre

Add a quick reply to 'MBBS in states'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.