One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 2 posts
Which is better : mdis or jcu??
Chirag Oswal profile image Chirag Oswal Member Join date: Mar, 2013 Posts: 2 Points: 0
I am planning for mba in singapore. just have 2 colleges in mind mdis and jcu. wanted to know which one is better or do i have some other options. i have just 1 year of work ex.
  • March 12, 2013
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: Singapore

Replies (2)

Gigeo Sakkaryas Gigeo Sakkaryas Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 685 Points: 9937 Trusted Advisor
Hi Chirag, MDIS is a very old organisation in Singapore offering several good courses and James Cook University is ranked in the Top 400 Universities in the world. The big difference is MDIS is an Institution and does not award its own degree. I do not think MDIS will be ranked in the world University rankings but the Universities they work with might be ranked. They work with other Universities and offer those Universities degree. Whereas JCU Singapore is a Direct University campus of JCU Australia and all faculty and resources are controlled by the University. So in a way, JCU is better than MDIS. But you need to check with the program content and see which course suits you better. On Paper both are good Institutions. All the best.
Gigeo Sakkaryas | IMTP Consultants
Nitesh Agrawal Nitesh Agrawal Member Join date: Apr, 2013 Posts: 1 Points: 10
Hi Chirag For your profile you will be eligible for various MBA courses awarded at MDIS. These courses are directly provided by the universities and MDIS just acts as a campusr provider. The courses like MIB by Grenoble France is one of the best in the world and is one of the only 58 universities in the world that have been certified with AAA accreditation. Another university in MDIS with AAA is University of Bradford. Apart from this another MBA program from an Australian university is awarded by Southern Cross university. In Ranking for Australian universities SCU at MDIS and JCU. SCU is ranked 10 where as JCU is ranked 18 as per 2012 rankings. Another advantage of MDIS is that it has a huge and wonderful hostel in its campus with a nice food court in the campus. Overall I will give MDIS better ranking because of better courses with their higher ranking worldwide. To get more information about their courses you can visit their site. or you can directly send an inquiry using this url I hope this info helps.

Add a quick reply to 'Which is better : mdis or jcu??'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.