One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
Mechanical engineering to MS in robotics
Pranav Salunke profile image Pranav Salunke Member Join date: Jul, 2014 Posts: 2 Points: 0

hi, I'm currently in my final year (BE) of mechanical engineering.

I want to do MS in robotics from USA. But i have heard that it is difficult to get admission for robotics for people from Mechanical background. Is this true? Will it be difficult for me to get admission for ms in robotics? Please reply ASAP as i have to shortlist universities. Thank you.

• July 10, 2014
  • Preferred qualification: Undergraduate | Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (1)

Jyoti Sharma Jyoti Sharma Expert Join date: Sep, 2014 Posts: 95 Points: 1595

Dear Pranav,

Greetings from Hotcourses India!!!

Yes. It is a little competitive. Still, USA considers the overall profile which just not includes the academic section but the following sections as well:

1. Research/Internship/Projects

3. Strong Statement of Purpose 

4. Strong Letter of Recommendation

You may check the following universities:

1. University of Pennsylvania

2. University of Michigan - Ann Arbor

3. Georgia Institute of Technology

To analyze the options better, I would suggest you to register on so that I can go through your complete profile and support you with the shortlisting based on your profile, above mentioned writing supplements, application assistance and review and visa.

Feel free to contact for further query.

Jyoti Sharma

Hotcourses Team

Add a quick reply to 'Mechanical engineering to MS in robotics'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.