One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
From Mechanical Engineering to MS in robotics. WIll it be a problem?
Pranav Salunke profile image Pranav Salunke Member Join date: Jul, 2014 Posts: 2 Points: 0

I'm currently in my final year(BE) of Mechanical Engineering. I wish to apply for MS in robotics in USA universities. But i have heard that it is difficult to get admission to robotics because I'm from mechanical background. Electronics and comp. science people easily get admission to robotics as it comes under those subjects. So is this really true? Will it be difficult for me to get admission to robotics just because I'm doing mechanical engineering?

• July 17, 2014
  • Preferred qualification: Undergraduate | Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (1)

Richard Lasrado Richard Lasrado Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 344 Points: 5001 Trusted Advisor

Hello Pranav,

Yes, it is true but you still have possiility provided you apply to good number of USA universities where you have high chance of getting admission for MS in Robotics. GRE scores will also be an important parameter besides other requirements for admission purpose.

Richard Lasrado

Richard Lasrado | Education Abroad Counselling Centre

Add a quick reply to 'From Mechanical Engineering to MS in robotics. WIll it be a problem?'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.