One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 2 posts
Please advice me - I want to study medicine in the US
Vismaya Dhareshwar profile image Vismaya Dhareshwar Member Join date: Jul, 2014 Posts: 1 Points: 0

• July 11, 2014
  • Preferred qualification: Undergraduate | Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (2)

Dr. Shakil Khan Dr. Shakil Khan Expert Join date: Feb, 2014 Posts: 64 Points: 1135 Trusted Advisor

I am sorry to disappoint you Vismaya, but the $20,000 will not cover even one year of the five year study you are required for MD in USA. The admission criteria is very difficult. First you have to try to get very high score in your Pre-Med in India, and the MCAT exam, and then apply to many medical schools, hope and pray that you will be accepted. It is not impossible, but perhaps near-impossible for a foreign student, on a limited budget.

There is absolutely no hope for any type of financial assistance or scholarship to study medicine in USA for a foreign student.

I would suggest that you study medicine in India, or you could study at a foreign medical school i.e. in China, Russia, Europe, Africa, etc., then after graduation, study for USMLE and upon passing you could get into USA easily. Your budget of $20,000 may be enough to study medicine in China or some other country in Asia - for example Phillippines or Malaysia.

Dr. Shakil Khan | Dominican International Institute
Janvi Reddy profile image Janvi Reddy Member Join date: Jul, 2016 Posts: 1 Points: 10

My daughter is a US citizen, righ now she is studying in india, She is very much intreseted to study medicine. Now I wonder would it better to send her o USA after 12 grade...? or studying MBBS in India after 12th grade...? I need good advise from you please..

Waiting for your reply.

Thank you,

Add a quick reply to 'Please advice me - I want to study medicine in the US'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.