One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 4 posts
Is it advisable to pursue MS after MCA?
Zabin Begum profile image Zabin Begum Member Join date: Oct, 2014 Posts: 2 Points: 10

I have an MCA with 75% marks. I am working as a software engineer from 6 years and currently in the US. I would like to do MS. Is it a good idea to do it. I am a technical person n see myself as an architect in few years. If not MS then can you suggest some good courses in good universities which can help pursue my dreams.

• October 28, 2014
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (4)

Navdeep Kaur Navdeep Kaur Expert Join date: Aug, 2014 Posts: 54 Points: 785

Dear Zabin,

Greetings from Hotcourses!

You can definitely opt for a Masters degree to enhance your career but it should be in a relevant field. Masters in Architecture requires an undergraduate degree from a relevant field and after MCA you can apply for MS in Computer Science or Software Engg as per your profile and to give you more precise information please share your CV at navdeep.kaur@hotcourses.co.in and get yourself registered on our website at www.hotcoursesabroad.com/india/ to keep receiving updates on Overseas Education!

Or you can call us at out Toll-Free Number 1-800-103-9634

Kind Regards,

Navdeep Kaur

Team Hotcourses!

Zabin Begum profile image Zabin Begum Member Join date: Oct, 2014 Posts: 2 Points: 10

Hi Navdeep

Thank you very much for the reply.  I forgot to metion that I have done my Bachelors in Computer Application as well.  As I would like to pursue in computer architecture, do you think there are any MS programs for Computer Architecture or any other short term courses.  I will be sharing my resume soon.  

Awaiting your reply.

Thanks

Zabin

Navdeep Kaur Navdeep Kaur Expert Join date: Aug, 2014 Posts: 54 Points: 785

Hi Zabin,

Thanks for writing to Hotcourses again Zabin, that's good that you have a very descent profile. If you are planning to pursue Masters in Architecture then you can refer the following Universities. Georgia Tech, Penn State University, University of Texas at Dallas and many more. It will be very convenient for me to short list some more Universities if you could forward me your Cv at navdeep.kaur@hotcourses.co.in.

Thanks & Regards,

Navdeep Kaur

Team Hotcourses!

Abhay Sharma profile image Abhay Sharma Member Join date: Feb, 2016 Posts: 1 Points: 10

I am doing  MCA from NITK and I am in the final year and my pointer is 6/10. Can I apply for MS in computer science ?

I want to pursue MS degree from USA but I am a bit scared of my low pointer in MCA. Can I get admition in MS degree in USA top universities. please answer my query .
                                                         Thanking you

Abhay Sharma

Add a quick reply to 'Is it advisable to pursue MS after MCA?'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.