One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 4 posts
MS Computer Science in Ireland
Sourabh Aggarwal Sourabh Aggarwal Member Join date: Mar, 2013 Posts: 7 Points: 50

In Ireland,which is the best university for MS in computer science.I did my B.Tech in 2012 and got a CGPA of 7.84 out of 10.I am looking for the MS program where i can learn a lot and got a good salary after completing my MS from abroad,Suggest me few tips.What about the PR chances and Work Chances in Ireland.I am preparing for IELTS.I am also Looking for 50 to 100 percent scholarship.

• February 11, 2014
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: Ireland

Replies (4)

Lucia Reynolds profile image Lucia Reynolds Member Join date: Mar, 2014 Posts: 2 Points: 25

Hi Sourabh, I would certainly suggest you go to the following link http://www.educationinireland.com/en/What-can-I-study-/ and do a search on Computer Science as it will provide you will all the possible courses you can do in Ireland, Trinity College Dublin, University College Dublin, NUI Maynooth, UCC, to mention just a few of the colleges! DCU also offer several good courses in Computing as do WIT, DIT, AIT, CIT, LIT etc... There are lots of options. You will a minimum of 6.0 IELTS to be accepted onto these courses

Sourabh Aggarwal Sourabh Aggarwal Member Join date: Mar, 2013 Posts: 7 Points: 50

Lucia Thanks for the reply.I just want to know what will be job opportunities,work permit and PR scene in Ireland.I don't want to stay back to India.I want to live and work in Ireland.Please give me some more Information regarding salary and PR chances.Which is the best university for MS Computer Science in Ireland.Am I eligible to apply for Government of Ireland Scholarship.

Lucia Reynolds profile image Lucia Reynolds Member Join date: Mar, 2014 Posts: 2 Points: 25

Hi Sourabh, if you are going to study Computer Science (postgraduate study in Ireland) you have a very good chance of getting a job as there are thousands of jobs vacant in that sector. Enterprise Ireland (a government state agency) is running a programme called It's happening here to encourage our SME software computers to hire international students with the right skillset so I would say the future would be optimistic, however, as you can imagine I cannot guarantee you will get a job but if you are good at what you do and have the right skill set you should do well in Ireland. What I would suggest you do is to do some research around outcomes. As an international student in Ireland you are automatically entitled to stay for at least 12 months in Ireland to work when you have completed your course, I hear that the Irish government is looking at extending this to 24 months which should give you ample time to prove that you are a good worker with the necessary skills so that an Irish company, or indeed one of the many international companies that are in Ireland , will work on getting you a work permit. I hope this helps! I would have a look at this website www.educationinireland.com to explore your course options, course options etc. 

Lucia thanks for the needful reply.What is your personal email id.So that I can easily email you my further queries.I searched alot but after 2009,Economical crises in Irwland laid down the growth of the country.Apart from that,Ireland ruled by british goverment alomost 800 years.I think It should be a wastage of time to study in Ireland.I know there are scholarships too but spending time means you are going to leave some part of your life.Please give me your personal email Lucia?

Add a quick reply to 'MS Computer Science in Ireland '

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.