One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
What is a safe GRE score to pursue MS in Computer Science with scholarships in a University abroad?
Anik Pait profile image Anik Pait Member Join date: Jan, 2015 Posts: 1 Points: 0

Hi I am a 3rd year btech student...m in my 6th sem and having a cgpa around 8.55..i wanted to ask what is preferable score to get into top universities of US or any  or getting scholarships as well as i need another suggestion-is it preferable to go for MS just after college degree or after getting 2 years of work experience its better....because i wanna go just after my degree..so m confused
And courses available in computer science for MS..pls help?

• January 04, 2015
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate

Replies (1)

Subhashini Vithyapathy Subhashini Vithyapathy Expert Join date: Sep, 2013 Posts: 75 Points: 1185

Hi Anik,

You should have at least a GPA of 3 to 3.5/ 4, GRE 315+ and TOEFL - 90+ / IELTS 6.5. 

To make your profile more stronger you can submit projects, paper publications, extracurricular activity certificates. There are lots of majors available under computer science stream. You should select an area which you are strong and prepare your proposal you want to do your research in. A  scholarship depends upon your previous academic result and also after entering the university, depending on your academic performance in the 1st term you will get the fee waiver or scholarship from the 2nd term onwards. The University admission team will have their own eligibility criteria and the student has to fulfill it, then you shall be eligible for the same. If you have further clarification please reach us at 1-800-103-9634 or send your query to subhashini.v@hotcourses.co.in

Add a quick reply to 'What is a safe GRE score to pursue MS in Computer Science with scholarships in a University abroad?'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.