One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
MS in civil engineering at USA
Aditya Singh Aditya Singh Member Join date: May, 2014 Posts: 1 Points: 0

i have done my graduation as bachelor of technology in civil engineering in 2013 and I want to apply for MS programmes at USA in same field.
so please allow me to know the basic requirements for application as well as the detail information about top universities,their fee structure, scholership programmes,and visa details.
thank you.

• May 05, 2014
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (1)

Dr. Shakil Khan Dr. Shakil Khan Expert Join date: Feb, 2014 Posts: 64 Points: 1135 Trusted Advisor

Congratulations for having done your BE. It certainly makes you eligible to apply for the Master's program at US schools. However, besides academic achievements, the US schools require good proficiency in the English language and I would suggest that you prepare yourself for IELTS before applying to any school.

It is impossible to give you detailed information about the top universities, tuition fee and scholarship program. The United States, as you know, is a huge country, with literally thousands of universities. The Ivy League schools, which are the top schools, are highly selective and receive thousands of applications from within USA and from abroad, but most of them explain their admission criteria in their websites.

I would suggest that you google 'MS Programs in USA', see the list of schools, go thru their websites and see if you meet the admission criteria. Some of them do offer scholarships to top students.

The tuition & housing costs may range from US$40,000 per year or more, depending upon the school and the area where the school is located

The basic Visa requirements include your financial & academic abiity to pursue higher education in the United States, family ties and your committment to return back to India after you finish studies in USA, etc. This information can be had from the local U.S.Visa office. 

Dr. Shakil Khan | Dominican International Institute

Add a quick reply to 'MS in civil engineering at USA'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.