One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 5 of 19 posts
How can I pursue MS in Computer Science after BCA? Is it possible?
Badshah Hussai Badshah Hussai Member Join date: Aug, 2014 Posts: 3 Points: 21

hello... My name Is SHERYAAR. i am doing bca. i am in last year. and i am thinking to prusue my master of computer science in USA. And I did some research online and i found some universities which are offering MS course With good rates. Which really Fits in my Budget.  one of them are UCR reverside University of california. And they required about 300 GRE scores. and yeah my Earlier Study grades are Average. i didnt applied yet for GRE. So i want to know. what is the Procedure and yeah I lives In rajasthan and where i live there are no institutes which offers GRE Course or others like TOEFL IELTS. So if possible than Suggest me a good Institute for these course in rajasthan. Can i do MS Or not. if Not than Which course is better For Me. after BCA. Actually in usa. And please Suggest me good Universities for indians there. Which has Scolarship Programs. public and Private both. With Fees accomdation, living Expesenses ETC. Please help me....... 

• September 11, 2014
  • Preferred qualification: Undergraduate | Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (19)

Navdeep Kaur Navdeep Kaur Expert Join date: Aug, 2014 Posts: 54 Points: 785

Dear Badshah Hussai,

Greetings from Hotcourses!

You can definitely apply for MS in CS, there are Universities in USA which accepts Indian applications for MS in CS after completing BCA.

Please check this link for a fair idea: http://www.cs.usfca.edu/grad/MS-Computer-Science-for-students-with-3-year-bachelors.html

Apart from this you also have to take GRE test and an English proficiency test like IELTS/TOEFL. As you have mentioned that you have an average score in your academics try to get a score like 310-315/340 in GRE, As there is time left in comleting your BCA try to get into any projects because American Universities accepts an application after seeing the over all profile/performance.

For GRE and TOEFL coaching you can refer to your local coaching centres as we dont have any specific details for Rajasthan coaching centres.

You can also get yourself registered on our website www.hotcoursesabroad.com/india/ OR you may also contact us at 011-49196912

Thanks

Kind Regards,

Navdeep Kaur

Team Hotcourses.

Mishra Pankaj profile image Mishra Pankaj Member Join date: Oct, 2014 Posts: 1 Points: 10

Hi , I am Pankaj MIshra and I am student of Bca 5th sem and I want to be a scientist kindly help me.

Please.

Sinan Sahin profile image Sinan Sahin Member Join date: Nov, 2014 Posts: 1 Points: 10

Is the marks of the 12th grade important for admission to MSCS in us?

I have only 40 % in 12th.

I have good scores in BCA.

Will I get admission? 

Priya G Priya G Expert Join date: Feb, 2014 Posts: 64 Points: 880

Hi Sinan,

Yes it is also one of the requirement however if you really show up well on your GRE and TOEFL scores with good BCA percentage, you may have some chances. Aim for GRE of 300 and TOEFL 95+so that your profile can be balanced to an extent.

Thanks!

Priya G Priya G Expert Join date: Feb, 2014 Posts: 64 Points: 880

Hi Pankaj,

If you want to secure admission in research based program you need to gain some work experience in the subject that you intend to study before you apply to the universities. Additionally publishing international journals, attending seminars, paper presentation, internships would make your profile very strong. And if you are interested in US universities, you also need to work on GRE and TOEFL scores. All this will help you gain admission to a research based program that would eventually fulfill your dream of becoming a scientist.

Thanks!

Add a quick reply to 'How can I pursue MS in Computer Science after BCA? Is it possible?'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.