One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 2 posts
MS in Computer Science
Ajay Venugopal Ajay Venugopal Member Join date: Jun, 2012 Posts: 1 Points: 0
Hi, I have nearly 5 years of experience in IT services domain. I always wanted to pursue an MS in Computer programming from abroad (preferably USA / UK). I did my B.Teh in Electronics and Communication Engineering in India. But the single thing that has been pulling me back is the cost of the MS abroad. I would not be able to self finance my studies abroad. My Area of Interests include - Software Design / Programming and I just feel it is time I get my MS and move into more Research oriented Software development than support work. Here are the things I am looking for: 1. Colleges within Top 100 in USA / UK - preferably state funded 2. I would like to keep my Total Expenses (including Living expenses) - 10-15 lakhs for the entire course 3. Preferred Duration - 1 year 4. When do I need admission – As soon as possible. Looking forward for an advice so that I can get started something significant in terms of LOR , Short Listing colleges improving my GRE score etc.
  • June 03, 2012
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: United Kingdom

Replies (2)

Nanthini Jp Nanthini Jp Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 78 Points: 1085 Trusted Advisor

Dear Ajay, 

According to your budget you can go for UK universities and the duration is 1 year for Masters Program. Moreover during your academic you can work as a part time 20 hours per week. In which you can take care of your living expense. There are many universities in UK which is top ranked in the world. For further clarification visit nearest education counsellor. 

Nanthini Jp | Peterkins Educational Solution Pvt. Ltd.
Ajay Sathyan Sathyan profile image Ajay Sathyan Sathyan Expert Join date: Feb, 2012 Posts: 414 Points: 6045 Trusted Advisor

Hi, the fees for Postgraduate in the UK will range from £10,420 to £19,890 approximately per year. The approximate estimated living expenses per annum will be about, £7,000 - £7,300 in London and £5500-£6,000 outside London.  This includes the cost of accommodation, heating, lighting, food, clothing, books and daily travel for one person for one year. You can work for part time jobs 20 hours per week and 40 hours during vacation period.  You can start applying for the UK universities for Ms. Computer Science.

In the USA the tuition fees will be 1000-20000 US dollars and living cost will be 7200-12000 US dollars per year. And the masters are taught for two years duration period.

Ajay Sathyan Sathyan | Uniguru

Add a quick reply to 'MS in Computer Science'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.