One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 5 posts
MS in CS - Best country, course with Scholarships
Aritra De profile image Aritra De Member Join date: Oct, 2013 Posts: 3 Points: 22
Hi, I have completed my B.Tech in CS Engg. from India in 2012. Currently I am working in an IT company. I am looking forward to pursuing my higher studies abroad.I am intersted to complete my masters in a productive subject (like Analytics or Information Security). Could you please help me out as to how I can start my research(as in which country, which course, how they offer scholarships, whether I can pursue a Ph.D alongside, etc.).I am also dependent on scholarships for completing my Masters.It would be helpful if you can suggest the countries based on the above factor. Also, I would like to share that I have never been an avid reader of story books. In that case, will GRE be a tough nut to crack?
  • October 08, 2013
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (5)

Kunal Ambasht Kunal Ambasht Expert Join date: Jul, 2013 Posts: 36 Points: 540 Trusted Advisor

Dear Aritra,

Great to see that you are pro-actively assessing your career progression and exploring options to augment it. You can look at Canada, Singapore, US and some European countries as well. However, please remember that the most critical part for you at this stage of your career is to answer the question "Why study abroad?" honestly. If you have already figured out some improvement areas for yourself, can you improve on those by other means? Graduate Admission Committees all around the world are interested in confirming that you are aware of the consequences of your decision and the University is only a bridge to your future goals. This is one of the key parameters used while assessing you for a scholarship.

I know I have opened up more questions than you initially had but believe me if you can answer these questions, you have won half the battle.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Kunal

Kunal Ambasht | EGE Global Education
Aritra De profile image Aritra De Member Join date: Oct, 2013 Posts: 3 Points: 22

Hi Kunal, Thanks for your reply.

I beleive pursuing my Master abroad will give me a broader exposure in the field.As far as MS in analytics is concerned,there are few opportunities in India. Same is the case with the related jobs.Moreover, I think, on completion of the course, if I manage to get a good job, then it would head for a brighter and better career(than the one I am currently doing).Adding to this, after completion of the course, I can return to India and utilise my skills to get a job, whereas it would be diffcult the other way round.Please correct me if I am wrong.
Kunal,I would be obliged if you can advice me on the remaining queries from the previous post.

Regards,
Aritra.

Madhan Kumar Madhan Kumar Expert Join date: Feb, 2013 Posts: 601 Points: 9315

Hi Aritra,

Nice to see that You got much clarity on your goal.. Yes you are right! masters abroad will give you broader exposure..but choosing the right course in the right University matters a lot.. that mostly depends on your academics, test scores and LOR. SOP will not be an issue as you got much clarity towards your study..

By the by you can check these useful guides

Ultimate guide to secure a scholarship abroad and Guide to prepare for GRE

All the Best!

Thanks Praveen.

Kunal/Praveen,

Could you please help me out as to how I can start my research(as in which country, which course, how they offer scholarships, whether I can pursue a Ph.D alongside, etc.).My academics has been pretty consistent with 80% or higher in 10,12 and graduation. Adding to this, it would also be helpful if you can guide me on  how can I judge myself whether I am on right path to decide for the specialization I am going for. Also, I would like to share that I have never been an avid reader of story books.  In that case, will GRE be a tough nut to crack?

Aritra.

Kunal Ambasht Kunal Ambasht Expert Join date: Jul, 2013 Posts: 36 Points: 540 Trusted Advisor

Dear Aritra,

Based on the inputs you have shared, I think you are moving in the right direction. Please also remember that you are not bound-for-life with your specialization at the University. Once you go there, you can always explore other related areas and customize the program as per your individual needs. For the GRE, I will suggest you take a diagnostic test to understand your areas of improvement.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Kunal.

Kunal Ambasht | EGE Global Education

Add a quick reply to 'MS in CS - Best country'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.