One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
MS in US
Sai Swaroop Kumar Sai Swaroop Kumar Member Join date: Aug, 2012 Posts: 1 Points: 0
Hi, I am doing B.Tech final year (EEE) and hoping to do MS in electronics. Could you guide me to plan my way viz., exam preparation, when to attend etc. Should I waste a year for admission process?
  • August 26, 2012
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate

Replies (1)

Gigeo Sakkaryas Gigeo Sakkaryas Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 685 Points: 9937 Trusted Advisor

Hi, Ideally you should apply to US Universities about 8 months to 1 year in advance. In case you want to go to a US University in Fall 2013 ( Sept) you should have put in an application during the October 2012 to March 2013 period to be eligible. Every University has its own deadline and should look out for the dates. 

You should have started GRE preparation during the months of June 2012 to November 2013 and also written the exam before the end of 2012 to be eligible for admission for Fall 2012. 

You still have another 3 to 4  months time to prepare for GRE and so enroll for a GRE training centre asap to avoid wasting a year later. 

All the best. 

Gigeo Sakkaryas | IMTP Consultants

Add a quick reply to 'MS in US'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.