One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
Need idea about entrance exams for MBA, minimum age, exam fee and MBA course fee
Amlan Jyoti Deka profile image Amlan Jyoti Deka Member Join date: Jul, 2012 Posts: 2 Points: 0
Respected Sir/Mam, I'm a BBA graduate and presently I'm pursuing MBA in Guwahati, Assam. Actually I wanted to pursue MBA from a foreign university but due to wrong planning and lack of knowledge I had to end up doing MBA in Assam. I'm 23 yrs old with no work experience and I want to take major in finance. I want to know if there is any age limit for MBA in USA. And since normally fees are very high for that I would like to know about scholarships available for management studies. I would like to know about the job prospects for an MBA with finance specialization in US because I would like to end up with a job. And lastly I also want to know about how to apply for colleges and student visa, etc. And I hope to get a very helpful and sincere reply from you. Thanking You, Amlan Jyoti Deka
  • February 19, 2013
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (1)

Guhan S Guhan S Expert Join date: Feb, 2013 Posts: 41 Points: 630

Hi Amlan, eligibility criteria are institution specific. The basic requirements are you being financially capable to meet the course fees and living/travel expenses. Medical Certificate (including HIV/AIDS Test) from a renowned Medical Practitioner and average percentage in your school and/or UG. For scholarships, candidates who score 60% above in 12th Standard/Bachelor Degree are usually eligible for a scholarship test or highest marks (distinction) are considered if no test is involved. Usually scholarships considered on application and there are no age limits to pursue higher education.

Also, you need to score a 93 for the internet-based exam and 580 for the paper-based exam for TOEFL and 6.5 are required with a minimum score of 6.0 in each component of the academic IELTS. In regards to GRE you need to score 90% and above.

In regards to international opportunity, a foreign employer has to sponsor your work permit which is expensive and due to the inflation and recession in developed countries; employers are skeptical about employing foreigners. Still some employers employ exceptionally skilled foreigners.

Check the link for American institutions offering scholarship for MBA courses and please download the prospectus for more information and apply online.

Check the link for American student visa procedure.

Add a quick reply to 'Need idea about entrance exams for MBA'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.