One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
One-year university affiliated programme to meet 16 years completion as eligibility
Shashank Mouli Shashank Mouli Member Join date: Aug, 2013 Posts: 1 Points: 0
Hi!Was wondering if PG diploma course from Annamalai university(Distance ) and any other university is enough for meeting the 16 year requirements which US universities demand for a masters programme?I have finished my in 2013 and was hoping to get some clear advice on what will count for the requisite number of credits?
  • August 12, 2013
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate

Replies (1)

Kunal Ambasht Kunal Ambasht Expert Join date: Jul, 2013 Posts: 36 Points: 540 Trusted Advisor

Dear Shashank,

Congratulations on your graduation!

Good to see that you are interested in pursuing a Masters degree after B. Com.

Before I get into the validity of PG Diploma(Distance) from Annamalai, let me clarify that not all US Universities want 16 years of education to be completed. Some may accept you with 15 yrs as well. They will want to have a closer look at your B.Com. transcript and maybe a WES evaluation before deciding on whether you need another 1 yr of studies.

Having said that, I would strongly urge you to contact a few US Universities to get a sense.

To summarize, I want you to believe what the Admission Committee says rather than going by a general perception prevailing among students.

Hope this helps.

Kunal Ambasht | EGE Global Education

Add a quick reply to 'One-year university affiliated programme to meet 16 years completion as eligibility'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.