One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 2 posts
Other option to get work permit visa
Tanmay Amrute profile image Tanmay Amrute Member Join date: Jun, 2012 Posts: 4 Points: 0
Recently UK has stopped giving work permit visa! So if i am planning to go to UK after my graduation(Probably after 2-3 years), what are the other ways a student can obtain work permit visa?? I want to go to UK for Post Graduate, but as they have stopped giving work permits, i am planning to go either in Australia or New Zealand.
  • June 20, 2012
  • Preferred study destination: United Kingdom

Replies (2)

Sasidharan Nambiar Sasidharan Nambiar Expert Join date: Jun, 2012 Posts: 130 Points: 1935 Trusted Advisor

Hi, if you are going for P.G to U,K ,you could get a work permit if you have an offer of emplyment with a minimum of 21,000 GBP per month. So you could still get a work permit if you meet the minimum salary requirnments.

Sasidharan Nambiar | IMTP Consultants
Gigeo Sakkaryas Gigeo Sakkaryas Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 685 Points: 9937 Trusted Advisor

Hi Apart from UK, You can opt to do a 2 year Masters course in Australia from one of the good Universities there to qualify to apply for PR . Else you can also do a program which is Level 7 Diploma or a Masters course in New Zealand from a NZQA accredited college or University to get a 1 year Work Visa in New Zealand. Work Permits are still given for qualified students who get good employment in UK as well ( UKBA has mentioned minimum salary slabs to qualify) . 

Gigeo Sakkaryas | IMTP Consultants

Add a quick reply to 'Other option to get work permit visa'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.