One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 5 of 26 posts
PG in UK after MBBS
Manasi Lad Manasi Lad Member Join date: Jul, 2014 Posts: 1 Points: 0

I am doing my second year MBBS in India now. I want to pursue PG in UK after my MBBS. What do I have to do for applying for it? What kind of entrance tests do I have to go through for this? Is MBBS in India recognised as a degree in the UK? What special preparations do I need to do for applying for PG in the UK?

Thank you.

• July 01, 2014
  • Preferred qualification: Undergraduate | Preferred study destination: United Kingdom

Replies (26)

Khushboo Gera Khushboo Gera Expert Join date: Aug, 2014 Posts: 88 Points: 1295 Trusted Advisor

Dear Mansi,

Hope you are fine.

Thanks for the query.

MBBS from India is very well recognised by UK universities.The admission is primarily based on academic profile.You should appear for PLAB as well as IELTS exam.The Letter of recommendations and Statement of Purpose hold an equal value.

Kindly go through the below link to explore options

http://www.hotcourses.com/uk-courses/postgraduate-Medicine-courses-in-the-UK/hc2_search.adv_col_do/16180339/90904/search_category/PB.3/qualification/L/town_city/United+Kingdom/page.htm

Feel free to contact us in case of any doubt.

Regards

Khushboo Gera

Team Hotcourses India

Khushboo Gera | Hotcourses India
Manju Parimala Hosur profile image Manju Parimala Hosur Member Join date: Feb, 2015 Posts: 1 Points: 10

HEYY

i completed my 2nd mbbs.i want to persue my pg in uk.for that what are the entrance exams i should get through....?

thank you....

Varsha Chauhan profile image Varsha Chauhan Member Join date: Mar, 2015 Posts: 1 Points: 10

I AM DOING MY 2ND YEAR OF MBBS FROM INDIA. I WANT TO DO MY PG FROM UK .FOR PLAB OR IELTS WHICH BOOKS SHOULD  PREFER???BEST BOOKS

Khushboo Gera Khushboo Gera Expert Join date: Aug, 2014 Posts: 88 Points: 1295 Trusted Advisor

Dear Manju,

Hope you are fine.

Thanks for the query.

In order to apply for PG in medicine in UK one needs to have PLAB which can be done only after gaining a minimum of 1 year work-ex excluding the internship.Apart from PLAB we also needs IELTS with an overall score of 7 to 7.5

As you are in 2nd year MBBS at the moment please concentrate and target a good score in your academics also.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Khushboo Gera

Team Hotcourses India

Dear Varsha,

Hope you are fine.

Thanks for the query.

We provide online classes for the IELTS prepaparation,however,we do not have any assistance for PLAB.

The IELTS score is valid only for 2 years so its too early to start for it.It should be done when you will be about to join the final year.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Khushboo Gera

Team Hotcourses india

Add a quick reply to 'PG in UK after MBBS'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.