One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
Phd abroad
Rosi V profile image Rosi V Member Join date: Sep, 2012 Posts: 1 Points: 0
I did MSc in 2010, from 2010, still now I don't have any experience relevant to my studies, b'coz I started working in a bank. Now I am interested to do PhD abroad particularly in USA .so can I try to join PhD anywhere now? Do they provide scholarship for me? How do I know the openings related to my subject?
  • September 20, 2012
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate

Replies (1)

Rakesh Mehta Rakesh Mehta Contributor Join date: Aug, 2012 Posts: 15 Points: 160 Trusted Advisor

Hi,The scholarship is made every year on the basis of the student's academic achievements and recommendations of his / her teachers - or coaches, if the scholarship in question is awarded for sport activity. It is also necessary to consider general financial situation of the institution, which can change with time and depend on the economic situation in the country. 

It is most often very difficult for international students to obtain aid in any form at Bachelor’s level. Hence, it is imperative that students who are financially sound or have brilliant academic background (including top-level scores in TOEFL/IELTS and/or SAT I and II) to consider further education at the bachelor’s level.

However, at the Master’s level, aid in several forms is available for international students. Almost 78% of students at the Master’s level in US universities get funding in some form or the other.

Most Doctoral level applicants get a complete tuition waiver along with a stipend or scholarship while pursuing their PhD programs  It is also possible for some universities to provide just the admission and no funding at all, based on their financial constraints and funding availability.

Rakesh Mehta | Careers N' Options

Add a quick reply to 'Phd abroad'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.