One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 2 posts
I want to do my Ph.D in bio-technology in US. What are my options?
 profile image Member Join date: Sep, 2014 Posts: 1 Points: 0

i did Bs in biotechnology with 3.13 cgpa out of im doing mphil in biotechnology with a cgpa of 3 out of 4.i wanna phd from US.can i get admission there??

• September 07, 2014
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (2)

Navdeep Kaur Navdeep Kaur Expert Join date: Aug, 2014 Posts: 54 Points: 785

Dear Student,

Greetings from Hotcourses!

You definitely have a very good chance of getting admission for PHD according to your academic scores, other than this you also have to show any projects you have participated in. USA accepts application on a holistic way, they check your profile academically as well as in overall view. Wherein, PHD applications students must have any kind of projects.

You are also advised to write GRE as it is mandatory in USA for PHD applicants. There are Universities which accepts profiles without GRE but the chances of getting admission falls down. Other then this, English proficiency test is also required, TOEFL/IELTS in which you are required 90-100/110 in TEOFL IBT and 7 Bands overall in IELTS.

There are many Universities offering PHD in Bio-Technology like University of Massachusetts, Michigan Technological University, Tufts University and many more.

To get precised information on your profile you can register yourself on our website OR you can contact us at 011-49196912

Thank you!

Kind Regards,

Navdeep Kaur

Team Hotcourses!

Mukesh B profile image Mukesh B Member Join date: Aug, 2015 Posts: 1 Points: 10

Hi, I am Mukesh doing my M.Tech in IIT Guwahati..  My family is expecting an income of Rs.60,000/month from me, due to some economical problems.. But my wish is to do PhD , so can i know , if i am getting a stipend of $3000 in us how much can i save approximately per month.. ???? 

Add a quick reply to 'I want to do my Ph.D in bio-technology in US. What are my options?'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.