One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
PhD from abroad
Natasha Baloria profile image Natasha Baloria Member Join date: Apr, 2012 Posts: 1 Points: 0
I have done Masters in English Literature from Jammu University and I want to do PhD from abroad. Can you please help me by providing me info about the best universities for the same and which are safe for Indian students, along with the date of submission of forms, exam date also? Please help me out. I am a meritorious student and I really need your guidance, please help me out.
  • April 29, 2012
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: United Kingdom

Replies (1)

Ajay Sathyan Sathyan profile image Ajay Sathyan Sathyan Expert Join date: Feb, 2012 Posts: 414 Points: 6045 Trusted Advisor

Hi Natasha, you have many Universities offering PhD in English literature courses.

You can visit the course link page of Uniguru and click the Get free info button and send email directly to the university. As all universities have their own application dates and deadlines.

You must start applying for study abroad atleast 6 to 12 months before and check with the program specific deadlines available in the universities. You must submit your academic certificate, IELTS/TOEFL scores, Statement of purpose, reference letters along with your documents to the university.

For the UK universities Major Intake is September, Second Intake (minor intake) January.

Australian institutions have major intake in the month of February/ Early March each year. July/ August intake is also a very big intake with few courses in the specialized programs not being offered at this point of time. Some courses also start in the month of May, October and November.

US universities offer two main intakes Fall and Spring. The course begins in the month of September and October for Fall Intake and for spring classes commence from January and February.

Ajay Sathyan Sathyan | Uniguru

Add a quick reply to 'PhD from abroad'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.