One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
Phd in electrical engineering (power systems) USA
Samala Venkatesh Samala Venkatesh Member Join date: Apr, 2012 Posts: 11 Points: 0
I want to get a link of PhD requirements and some average universities list where PhD is offered in Electrical engineering with power systems as specialization. What is the duration and expected cost of course in USA.
  • April 17, 2012
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (1)

Richard Lasrado Richard Lasrado Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 344 Points: 5001 Trusted Advisor

Few USA University that I am aware of offering MS in Electrical Engineering with major in Power system is Michigan Tech University ( and North Carolina State University ( You need to check if PhD programs are available in these universities.

There will be few more USA Universities that will offer similar major and requires research from your end. PhD in most good USA University is fully funded and you will not have to bear any cost including accommodation and living. Besides scholarship you will receive assistantship and will earn good stipend to cover your accommodation and living expenses. There is a good possibility of you saving money and sending home some money for your parents. The PhD program duration range from 2 years (thesis based) to 5 years (research based).

Richard Lasrado | Education Abroad Counselling Centre

Add a quick reply to 'Phd in electrical engineering (power systems) USA'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.