One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
PhD in electronics engineering in USA
Milova Paul Milova Paul Member Join date: Dec, 2013 Posts: 1 Points: 0
Sir/Ma'am, I am currently an M.Tech student in VLSI domain from Delhi Technological University, I want to pursue PhD from USA. When shall the application forms be available for universities and what tests are required to get admission (GRE, TOEFEL etc) ? and what time of the year these tests should be given so that i don't miss the deadlines?
  • December 07, 2013
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (1)

Richard Lasrado Richard Lasrado Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 344 Points: 5001 Trusted Advisor

Hello Milova,

PhD does not have intakes as such as it depends on requirements but normally prospective PhD applicants apply for FALL (August/September) intake. You should apply minimum one year before the intake date.

PhD admission will depend on your profile, your project or thesis, paper publication, GRE, and other requirements. TOEFL is required to prove your English proficiency. Each USA University is independent and hence not all the above requirement may be applicable. It is advised to visit each university website to find what type of research or study is available and whether it is of your liking. You could than find admission requirements and apply.

Best regards,

Richard Lasrado, Education Abroad Counselling Centre, Mumbai, India 

Richard Lasrado | Education Abroad Counselling Centre

Add a quick reply to 'PhD in electronics engineering in USA'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.