One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
PhD in the field of Life Sciences from USA
Khyati Dalal profile image Khyati Dalal Member Join date: Dec, 2012 Posts: 2 Points: 0
I am a Postgraduate (MRes degree in Biological Sciences) from University of Manchester. I would like to pursue PhD in the field such as genetics, cell and molecular biology, developmental biology from USA. I would like to know when does the general application process starts? Whom do I contact? Is all PhD program in Life Sciences funded? or is their a separate application deadlines for the same. what GRE score is ideal? Do I need to short-list Universities to write our top 3 or 5 choices at the GRE examination? Should I be having all the scores before contacting individual department? I have IELTS certificate with band 7. Do I still need TOEFL ?
  • December 03, 2012
  • Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (1)

Kanimozhi K.L Kanimozhi K.L Expert Join date: Sep, 2012 Posts: 688 Points: 10670 Trusted Advisor

Hi Khyati, for scholarships on doctoral degree program a scholarship test may be conducted or a Master's degree in the subject area with exceptional percentage will be considered along with a letter of recommendation from your Dean/Principal or H.O.D. However, in some exceptional cases with outstanding academic results, students may be permitted to take up a PhD program with a Bachelor's honor degree.

You need to score a 93 for the internet-based exam and 580 for the paper-based exam for TOEFL and 6.5 are required with a minimum score of 6.0 in each component of the academic IELTS. In regards You need to possess a GRE score of 90% above or GPA 4.0+ and you need to have proofs to submit while applying. You can provide proof for either IELTS or TOEFL.

Applications are open for summer intake and they close on March - April. Here is a list of Universities offering Doctoral scholarship in Life Science and please contact the institutions directly for detailed information.
Kanimozhi K.L | Uniguru Expert

Add a quick reply to 'PhD in the field of Life Sciences from USA'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.