One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 3 posts
Information on PhD program in Material Science
Shilpa Pandey Shilpa Pandey Member Join date: Aug, 2013 Posts: 2 Points: 10
Please send me more information about Ph.D. Program in Material Science or Mechanical Engineering My GRE score is 297, IELTS 7.5, b.tech. 66%, masters 3.2/4 (from UK) along with 1.5 years of industrial experience and now working as lecturer since December 2012. Kindly suggest some universities according to my profile with the possibility of the funding.
  • August 18, 2013
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate

Replies (3)

Madhan Kumar Madhan Kumar Expert Join date: Feb, 2013 Posts: 601 Points: 9315

Hi Shilpa, you can find the list of Universities to offer Doctoral degree (PhD) Materials Science courses in USA here. I don't think you will have any blocks o eligibility criteria for most of the Universities.. 

And Universities like Michigan State University, North Dakota State University, Iowa State University, Oregon State University provide scholarships.. check out Universities offering scholarships for post graduate in material science in US here...

Shilpa Pandey Shilpa Pandey Member Join date: Aug, 2013 Posts: 2 Points: 10

Thank you for the information.

I am little confused on retaking GRE as the admission is dependent on many parameters.

Should I retake the test?

Richard Lasrado Richard Lasrado Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 344 Points: 5001 Trusted Advisor

Hello Shilpa,

You have good profile and a good chance to receive full funding for your PhD studies and it will smart decision to retake your GRE. For PhD it is important to reach out to reasearch professors in university you have applied and share your ideas with them. It is on their approval that you get admission. Most student skip this important last step and lose admissions to others. PhD's in good universities in USA are normally full funded. Wish you very best for your GRE!

Best regards,

Richard Lasrado, Education Abroad Counselling Centre, Mumbai, India

Richard Lasrado | Education Abroad Counselling Centre

Add a quick reply to 'Information on PhD program in Material Science'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.